Download Working Capital Management Notes, PDF, Books, Syllabus for MCOM (2024). We provide complete working capital management pdf. Working Capital Management study material includes working capital management notes, book, courses, case study, syllabus, question paper, MCQ, questions and answers and available in working capital management pdf form.
Working Capital Management subject is included in MCOM so students are able to download working capital management notes for MCOM 3rd year and working capital management notes for MCOM 5th semester.
Table of Content
Working Capital Management Notes can be downloaded in working capital management pdf from the below article.
Working Capital Management Syllabus
A detailed working capital management syllabus as prescribed by various Universities and colleges in India are as under. You can download the syllabus in working capital management pdf form.
- Concept & importance of Working capital management, types of working capital, factors affecting working capital requirements.
2. Meaning & significance of operating cycle and cash cycle, estimation of working capital requirements, liquidity vs. profitability.
3. Financing of working capital needs: Commercial banks, Commercial papers, Factoring, Trade credit, Accrued expenses, Deferred income as source for working capital.
4. Approaches to determine an appropriate financing mix, working capital and banking policy (Recommendations of Dahejja Tandon, Chore & Marathe & Kannan committees.) MPBF norms, Managing credit risk, Disbursement and follow up of working capital finance by bank.
5. Cash Management: Aspects of cash management, Motives for holding cash and marketable securities.
6. Factors determining the optimum cash balance, Models-Baumol, Miller Orr, Stone, Beranek.
7. Cash Planning, Cash budget simulation and cash balance uncertainties, hedging vs. interest rate, future & options. Treasury management, Reasons for Cash flow problems.
8. Receivable management: Introduction, Objectives of trade credit, credit policies. Dimensions of receivable management, collections from receivables, role of factoring in receivables management.
9. Inventory Management: Introduction, tools & techniques of inventory management. Inventory control models, valuation of inventories, Inventory management and cash flow time line.
10. Integration of working capital and capital investment process. Working capital management practices in India.
Working Capital Management PDF
Working Capital Management Notes
Working capital typically means the firm’s holdings of current, or short-term, assets such as cash, receivables, inventory, and marketable securities. Working capital refers to that part of firm’s capital which is required for financing short-term or current assets such as cash, marketable securities, debtors, and inventories. In other words working capital is the amount of funds necessary to cover the cost of operating the enterprise.
Working Capital Management Questions and Answers
If you have already studied the working capital management and services notes, then it’s time to move ahead and go through previous year working capital management question papers.
- As a manager, what steps would you take to effectively manage the working capital in an inflationary situation?
- What additional informations are required while evaluating the additional working capital requirement and expansion plans?
- What steps must be taken to manage the working capital effectively under inflationary situation? What would be the effect of expansion plan on working capital requirement?
- Which portion of funds would the current liabilities constitute in a firm?
- What might happen if the current liabilities of a firm are larger than the current assets it has? What will be its effect on the working of the firm?
- Under Aggressive working capital policy, investment in current assets is very low. Comment.
- What will be the consequences of conservative working capital policy?
- In your opinion, what does the risk increases with – maturity or short-term debt and why?
- According to you, which would be larger – long-term interest rates or short-term interest rates and why?
- Do you think that an adequate working capital enables a firm to exploit of favourable market conditions? Support your answer with proper reasons.
Working Capital Management Question Paper
If you have already studied the working capital management and services notes, then it’s time to move ahead and go through previous year working capital management question paper.
It will help you to understand the question paper pattern and type of working capital management question and answer asked in MCOM 3rd year working capital management exam. You can download the syllabus in working capital management pdf form.
Working Capital Management Books
Below is the list of working capital management books recommended by the top university in India.
- D.R. Mehta, Working Capital Management, Prentice-Hall Inc., 1974.
- K.V. Smith, Management of Working Capital, McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Khan and Jain, Financial Management, Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Pandey, Financial Management, Vikas Annex. 54.J.3 -MBA – Finance – SDE Page
- 20 of 23.
- Prasanna Chandra, Financial Management, Theory and Practice, Tata McGraw-Hill.
- V.K. Bhalla, Working Capital Management – Text and Cases, Sixth Edition, Anmol Publications.
In the above article, a student can download working capital management notes for MCOM 3rd year and working capital management notes for MCOM 6th semester. Working Capital Management study material includes working capital management notes, working capital management books, working capital management syllabus, working capital management question paper, working capital management case study, working capital management questions and answers, working capital management courses in working capital management pdf form.
Go On, Share & Help your Friend
Did we miss something in M.COM Study Material or You want something More? Come on! Tell us what you think about our post on Working Capital Managementg Notes | PDF, Book, Syllabus | M COM  in the comments section and Share this post with your friends.