What is Line Configuration?
Two or more devices connected through a link is a network. A link is a transmission path through which data is transfer between two or more device. A device can be a computer, printer, or any other device capable of sending or receiving data from the other node/device through the network.
Table of Contents
Types of Line Configurations
- Point to Point connection
- Multipoint connection
Point to Point connection
1. It is a dedicated communication link between two devices.
2. It is simple to set up, understand and maintain.
3. It is connected through cable or wire but satellite or microwave link is also possible.
- Communication between Television and remote control for changing the channels through infrared ray.
- A computer connected by a telephone line.
- In this connection, more than two computers are connected through a single link.
- It is also called a multidrop configuration.
ATM is an example of Multipoint connection
Two types of Multipoint Connections
- Spatial Sharing: If several computers can share the link simultaneously, its called Spatially shared line configuration.
- Temporal (Time) Sharing: If users must take turns, it is a timeshared connection.
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think about our article on Line Configuration in Computer Networks in the comments section.
- Introduction To Computer Networks
- Types of Network Topology
- Line Configuration in Computer Networks
- Transmission Modes in Computer Networks
- Transmission Mediums in Computer Networks
- Guided/Bounded Transmission Media
- Unguided/UnBounded Transmission Media
Geektonight team is putting a well-researched article. Geektonight is a vision to provide free and easy education to anyone on the Internet who wants to learn and grow in their career. We are working towards bringing the entire study routine of students on the Internet.
Want’s to learn and grow online. Message Now