Last Updated on1 min read
What is Written Communication?
In written communication, written signs or symbols are used to communicate. A written message may be published or hand written.
In written communication, a message can be transmitted via email, letter, report, memo, etc. The message, in written communication, is influenced by the vocabulary and grammar used, writing style, precision and clarity of the language used.
Written communication is the most common form of communication being used in business. So, it is believed core among business skills. Memos, reports, bulletins, job descriptions, employee manuals, and electronic mail are the types of written communication used for internal communication.
For communicating with external environment in writing, electronic mail, Internet Websites, letters, proposals, telegrams, faxes, postcards, contracts, advertisements, brochures, and news releases are used.
Table of Contents
Advantages of Written Communication
- Messages can be edited and revised many time before it is actually sent.
- Written communication provides a record for every message sent and can be saved for later study.
- A written message enables receiver to fully understand it and send suitable feedback.
Disadvantages of Written Communication
- Unlike oral communication, written communication doesn’t bring instant feedback.
- It takes more time in writing a message as compared to word-ofmouth and number of people struggles with their writing ability.
Geektonight team is putting a well-researched article. Geektonight is a vision to provide free and easy education to anyone on the Internet who wants to learn and grow in their career. We are working towards bringing the entire study routine of students on the Internet.
Want’s to contribute with us. Message Now