Download Digital Communication Notes, PDF, Books, Syllabus for B Tech ECE, EEE, CSE 2020. We provide complete digital communication PDF. Digital Communication study material includes digital communication notes, digital communication book, courses, case study, syllabus, question paper, MCQ, questions and answers and available in digital communication pdf form.
Digital Communication subject is included in B Tech ECE, EEE, CSE, so students can able to download digital communication notes for B Tech ECE, 3rd year and digital communication notes for B Tech EEE 3rd year.
Table of Contents
Digital Communication Notes can be downloaded in digital communication pdf from the below article.
Digital Communication Syllabus
A detailed digital communication syllabus as prescribed by various Universities and colleges in India are as under. You can download the syllabus in digital communication pdf form.
UNIT I Pulse Digital Modulation: Elements of digital communication systems, advantages of digital communication systems, Elements of PCM: Sampling, Quantization & Coding, Quantization error, Companding in PCM systems. Differential PCM systems (DPCM). Time Division Multiplexing & Demultiplexing. Delta Modulation: Delta modulation, its draw backs, adaptive delta modulation, comparison of PCM and DM systems, Noise in PCM and DM systems. Illustrative Problems.
UNIT II Digital Modulation Techniques: Introduction, ASK modulator, Coherent and Non-Coherent ASK detector, FSK modulator, Spectrum of FSK, coherent reception, non-coherent detection of FSK. BPSK transmitter, Coherent reception of BPSK, DPSK, QPSK. Data Transmission: Base band signal receiver, probability of error, The optimum filter, Matched filter, probability of error using matched filter.Optimum filter using correlator.Probability of error of ASK,FSK,BPSK and QPSK. Illustrative Problems.
UNIT III Information Theory: Discrete messages, Concept of amount of information and its properties. Average information, Entropy and its properties. Information rate, Mutual information and its properties, Illustrative Problems. Source Coding: Introduction, Advantages, Hartley Shannon’s theorem, bandwidth –S/N trade off, Shanon- Fano coding, Huffman coding, Illustrative Problems.
UNIT IV Linear Block Codes: Introduction, Matrix description of Linear Block codes, Error detection and error correction capabilities of linear block codes, Hamming codes. Cyclic Codes: Encoding, Syndrome Calculation, Decoding.
UNIT V Convolution Codes: Introduction, encoding of convolution codes, time domain approach, transform domain approach. Graphical approach: State, Tree and Trellis diagram. Decoding using Viterbi algorithm Illustrative Problems
Digital Communication Notes
What is Digital Communication?
Digital Communication Questions and Answers
Some of the digital communication questions and answers are mentioned below. You can download the QnA in digital communication pdf form.
- Write the advantages of digital communication over analog communication.
- Explain delta modulation and demodulation technique
- Write a short note on PCM and explain the role of compander in PCM.
- What is ISI? Explain Nyquist’s frist criteria for zero ISI.
- Explain the desirable properties of line codes. What is essential bandwidth?
- State and explain sampling theorem in detail. Also explain aliasing.
- State and explain central limit theorem in detail.
- Define : mean, moment and variance of a random variable X.
- Derive channel capacity of a binary symmetric channel.
- Discuss about error free communication over a noisy channel.
- State and explain Chebyshev’s inequality
Digital Communication Question Paper
If you have already studied the digital communication notes, then it’s time to move ahead and go through previous year digital communication question paper.
It will help you to understand question paper pattern and type of digital communication question and answer asked in B Tech ECE, EEE, CSE digital communication exam. You can download the syllabus in digital communication pdf form.
Digital Communication Books
Below is the list of digital communication book recommended by the top university in India.
- Digital communications – Simon Haykin, John Wiley, 2005
- Principles of Communication Systems – H. Taub and D. Schilling, TMH, 2003
- Digital and Analog Communication Systems – K.Sam Shanmugam, John Wiley, 2005.
- Modern Analog and Digital Communication – B.P.Lathi, Oxford reprint, 3rd edition, 2004.
- Digital Communications – John Proakis, TMH, 1983. Communication Systems Analog & Digital – Singh & Sapre, TMH, 2004.
In the above article, a student can download digital communication notes for b.com 1st year and digital communication notes for bba 1st year. Digital Communication study material includes digital communication notes, digital communication books, digital communication syllabus, digital communication question paper, digital communication case study, digital communication questions and answers, digital communication courses in digital communication pdf form.
Geektonight team is putting a well-researched article. Geektonight is a vision to provide free and easy education to anyone on the Internet who wants to learn and grow in their career. We are working towards bringing the entire study routine of students on the Internet.
Want’s to learn and grow online. Message Now