The term “cloud computing” is a recent buzzword in the IT world. Behind this fancy poetic phrase there lies a true picture of the future of computing for both in technical perspective and social perspective.
Our Cloud Computing Tutorial is designed for beginner to professional who wants to learn basic and advance concept of cloud computing.
Table of Contents
Cloud Computing Definition
Cloud Computing Definition: Cloud Computing refers to configuring, manipulating, and accessing the software resources and hardware remotely. It offers online data storage, infrastructure, and application.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is the means of delivering all IT service from computer applications, software, business processes, messaging and collaborations to end-users as a service whenever and whatever they needed it.
Cloud computing is a paradigm for delivering IT where rapid provisioning is an important characteristic for computing resources, data applications and IT.
Cloud Computing Definition: The main principle behind the cloud computing model is offering computing, storage, and software “as a service
Cloud Computing helps us to face challenges such as:
- Decreasing the capital expense and operating expense
- Enhancing service quality
- Maintaining the desired and the right level of security, compliances, regulations and policies across the different function of enterprises.
- Rapid provisioning, agility and business transparency for consistency self-service delivery
Thus, Cloud Computing is a service and deployment model using a large resource pool based provisioning of a virtual or physical resource in a service model using the internet (public cloud) or internet (private cloud).
Cloud Computing Properties
Cloud computing properties are mentioned below:
- User centric: This means once a user is connected to cloud any data such as image, videos, the application became his property.
- Task centric: Cloud Computing focus on what one needs and how an application can do it. Here documents are given more priority than the applications which create them.
- Self-healing: In self-healing, backup are available for every document in the cloud. Hence, if one document crashes there will be its duplicate ready to run.
- Multi-tenancy and intelligence: Multi-tenancy refers to the sharing of data and cost across the large pool of users. As various data are stored in the cloud, data mining and analysis are necessary for accessing information in an intelligent manner.
- Programmable: Many processes in cloud computing shall be automated such as backing up cache data with its duplicate. Hence, programming is associated with cloud computing.
- Flexible: Flexible as a user may be different varieties and hence it has to match with their needs.
What is Cloud?
Cloud Definition: Cloud is an extension of the internet with some level of inherent discipline and ethics. Cloud can be thought of unification of Information Technology with business intelligence
Cloud Computing Characteristics
Some of the cloud computing characteristics are briefly explained below:
- Self-service on demand: users are privileged to request and provisioning capabilities bundled with service.
- Network Access: User and server computing devices can be accessed over the network even using mobile, tablets etc.
- Resource Pooling: It refers to the pooling of resources across multiple datacentres.
- Rapid Elasticity: It makes the system automatic and can provide reliable service.
Let’s go ahead in Cloud Computing Tutorial and see what are the cloud computing advantages and disadvantages.
Cloud Computing Advantages
Some of the cloud computing advantages are briefly explained below:
- Cost-saving: it helps us to save capital cost as it does not need any physical hardware investment.
- Strategic edge: Cloud Computing help us to access the latest applications anytime without spending a time and money on installations
- High-speed: Cloud Computing allows us to deploy a service quickly in clicks.
- Reliability: Cloud Computing we can always get instant updated about the changes.
- Mobility: employees who are working on the premises or at the remote location can easily access all the cloud services.
- Unlimited storage capacity: Cloud Computing offers limitless storage capacity.
Cloud Computing Disadvantages
Some of the cloud computing disadvantages are briefly explained below:
- Performance can vary: when we are working in a cloud environment or application is running on the server which simultaneously provides services to other businesses that can affect the performance of our shared resource.
- Technical issue Cloud Computing technology is always prone to outrage and other technical issues.
- Security threat: Cloud server can be accessed by hackers while sharing cloud with the third party.
- Internet connectivity: Good internet connection is required for cloud computing.
- Lack of support: Cloud Computing companies fail to provide proper support to the customers
A Vision of Cloud Computing
The vision of cloud computing is mentioned below:
- Cloud Computing provides the facility to provision virtual hardware, runtime environment and services to a person.
- These all things can be used as long as they are needed by the user.
- The whole collection of a computing system is transformed into a collection of utilities, which can be provisioned and composed together to deploy systems in our later right then days with no maintenance costs.
- The long term vision of cloud computing is that IT services are traded as a utility in an open market without technological and legal barrier.
- In the future, we can imagine that it will be possible to find the solution that matches with are requirements by simply and bring a request in a global digital market that traits with Cloud Computing services.
- The existence of such a market will enable the automation of discovery processes and its integration into its existing software systems.
- Due to the existence of a global platform for trading cloud services will also help service provider to potentially increase their revenue.
- Cloud provider can also become a consumer of competition service in order to fulfil its promises to the customer.
In this Cloud Computing Tutorial, you have learned the basics topics of cloud computing which is developed for beginners and professionals.
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something in Cloud Computing Tutorial? Come on! Tell us what you think about our article on Cloud Computing Tutorial | Definition, Characteristics, Advantages, Disadvantages, Vision in the comments section.