Download Business Research Methods Notes, PDF, Books, Syllabus for MBA 2022. We provide complete business research methods pdf. Business Research Methods study material includes business research methods notes, book, courses, case study, syllabus, question paper, MCQ, questions and answers and available in business research methods pdf form.
Business Research Methods subject is included in MBA so students are able to download business research methods notes for MBA 1st year and business research methods notes for MBA 2nd semester.
Table of Contents
Business Research Methods Syllabus
- Unit 1: Introduction Business Research: Definition-Types of Business Research. Scientific Investigation: The Language of Research: Concepts, Constructs, Definitions, Variables, Propositions and Hypotheses, Theory and Models. Technology and Business Research: Information needs of Business – Technologies used in Business Research: The Internet, E-mail, Browsers and Websites. Role of Business Research in Managerial Decisions Ethics in Business Research.
- Unit 2: The Research Process: Problem Identification: Broad Problem Area-Preliminary Data Gathering. Literature Survey, Online Data Bases Useful for Business Research, Hypothesis Development, Statement of Hypothesis, Procedure for Testing of Hypothesis. The Research Design: Types of Research Designs: Exploratory, Descriptive, Experimental Designs and Case Study, Measurement of Variables, Operational Definitions and Scales, Nominal and Ordinal Scales, Rating Scales, Ranking Scales, Reliability and Validity.
- Unit 3: Collection and Analysis of Data: Sources of Data-Primary Sources of Data, Secondary Sources of Data, Data Collection Methods, Interviews, Structured Interviews and Unstructured Interviews, Face to face and Telephone Interviews. Observational Surveys, Questionnaire Construction, Organizing Questions, Structured and Unstructured Questionnaires, Guidelines for Construction of Questionnaires.
- Unit 4: Data Analysis: An overview of Descriptive, Associational and Inferential, Statistical Measures.
- Unit 5: The Research Report: Research Reports, Components, The Title Page-Table of Contents, The Executive Summary, The Introductory Section, The Body of the Report, The Final Part of the Report, Acknowledgements, References, Appendix, Guidelines for Preparing a Good Research report Oral Presentation, Deciding on the Content, Visual Aids, The Presenter, The Presentation and Handling Questions.
Business Research Methods Notes PDF
Business Research Methods Notes
Business Research Methods Questions and Answers
- What is information? Discuss the type of information need to run the Business.
- Define the term ‘Research’, Enumerate the characteristics of research. Give a Comprehensive definition of research.
- What do you mean by scientific investigation and explain them in detail.
- Indicate the sources of research process. Enumerate the steps of the research process.
- Give the sources of research problem. How a problem is identified? Enumerate the criteria for the selection of a problem.
- How is a problem stated? Describe the various ways of defining a problem. Discuss characteristics of good problem and criteria for evaluating a problem.
- Define the term ‘Review of literature’, how is it different from traditional meaning? Enumerate the objectives and significance of review of literature.
- What do you mean by ‘Sample Design’? What points should be taken into consideration by a Researcher in developing a sample design for this research project.
- How would you differentiate between simple random sampling and complex random sampling Designs? Explain clearly giving examples.
- Why probability sampling is generally preferred in comparison to non-probability sampling? Explain the procedure of selecting a simple random sample.
- Explain the phrase ‘Analysis of Data’ or ‘Treatment of Data’. Indicate the need and importance of data analysis.
- Differentiate between descriptive statistical analysis and inferential statistical analysis.
- Distinguish between parametric statistics and non-parametric statistics. Indicate their uses in different types of data or researches.
- Indicate the basis for selecting a statistical technique in analyzing data for educational research.
- What do you understand by research report or thesis? Indicate its need and importance in the research work.
Business Research Methods Question Paper
It will help you to understand the question paper pattern and type of business research methods question and answer asked in MBA 1st year business research methods exam. You can download the syllabus in business research methods pdf form.
Business Research Methods Books
Below is the list of business research methods books recommended by the top university in India.
- Green and Tull, Research Markets Decisions, PHI.
- Tull Donald and Hawkins De, Marketing Research, PHI.
- G.C.Beri, Marketing Research, Tata McGraw- Hill Publishers.
- Luck David and Rubin Ronal, Marketing Research, PHI.
- Naresh Malhotra, Marketing Research, Pearson Education. Green E. Paul, Tull S. Donald & Albaum, Gerald, Research for Marketing decisions, 6th Ed, PHI, 2006.
In the above article, a student can download business research methods notes for MBA 1st year and business research methods notes for MBA 2nd semester. Business Research Methods study material includes business research methods notes, business research methods books, business research methods syllabus, business research methods question paper, business research methods case study, business research methods questions and answers, business research methods courses in business research methods pdf form.
Go On, Share & Help your Friend
Did we miss something in MBA Study Material or You want something More? Come on! Tell us what you think about our post on Business Research Methods Notes | PDF, Book, Syllabus | MBA 2022 in the comments section and Share this post with your friends.