Last Updated on4 min read
Download Managerial Economics Notes for MBA 2020. We provide the complete MBA 1st Sem managerial economics study material which includes managerial economics notes, managerial economics books, managerial economics syllabus for MBA, managerial economics reference books, managerial economics question paper, managerial economics questions and answers and available in managerial economics pdf form.
Table of Contents
The managerial economics study material can be downloaded in PDF from the below article.
Managerial Economics Notes PDF Download
|Managerial Economics Notes||Download PDF|
|Managerial Economics Notes||Download|
|Managerial Economics Questions and Answers||Download|
|Managerial Economics Books||Download|
|Managerial Economics Question Paper||Download|
|Managerial Economics MBA Syllabus||Download|
Managerial Economics Tutorial
We have also prepared the Managerial Economics Tutorial which is specifically designed for MBA student, who wants to learn Managerial Economics in MBA.
Managerial Economics Notes
Managerial Economics in MBA is a crucial skill to learn. The course is mainly analytical in nature and focuses on clarifying fundamental concepts from microeconomic viewpoint. It studies the problems and principles of an individual business firm or industry. It helps the management in forecasting, understanding and evaluating the trends of the market. This course attempts to build a strong theoretical foundation for students.
Managerial economics, or business economics, is a division of microeconomics that focuses on applying economic theory directly to businesses. The application of economic theory through statistical methods helps businesses make decisions and determine strategy on pricing, operations, risk, investments and production. The overall role of managerial economics is to increase the efficiency of decision making in businesses to increase profit.
Managerial Economics MBA Syllabus
Unit – I
Introduction to Managerial Economics: Economics and Business Decision Making; Economics: Scope of economics; economics as a tool for decision making; Business Economics: Definition and scope; the distinction between economics and Business Economics; Economic Indicators and Business Cycles.
Unit – II
Demand and Supply Analysis: Demand, Generalized Demand Function, The law of demand, Shift and movement along demand curve, Elasticity of demand: Price, Income and Cross Price elasticity of demand, Demand Estimation: Basic concepts , Supply, Generalized supply function, Supply functions, Shifts and movement in the supply curve, Supply elasticity, Market equilibrium, Changes in the market equilibrium, Changes in demand (supply constant), Changes in supply (demand constant).
Unit – III
Cost & Production Analysis: Production in the short run, Total product, Average and marginal products, Law of diminishing marginal product, Production in the long run, Production isoquants, Characteristics of isoquants, Marginal rate of technical substitution, Isocost curves, Finding the optimal combination of inputs, Short run costs of production, Fixed and variable cost, Short run total costs, Average and marginal cost, Marginal cost curves, Long run costs, Derivation of cost schedule from a production function, Economies and diseconomies of scale, Economies of scope
Unit – IV
Managerial Decisions in Competitive Markets: Features of perfect competition, Profit maximization in the short run, Profit maximization in the long run, Managerial decisions for firms with market power, Measurement of market power: The Lerner Index, Determinants of the market power: Economies of scale, Barriers created by government, Profit maximization under monopoly: output and pricing decisions, Monopolistic competition: short run and long-run equilibrium, Pricing decision in an oligopoly: The Kinked Demand curve model.
Unit – V
Market Failures and Price Regulations: Market failures and need for regulation, Regulations and market structure, Firm behavior, Price regulation
Managerial Economics Questions and Answers
- Define Managerial Economics.
- Discuss the nature and scope of Managerial Economics. What are the other related disciplines?
- Distinguish between Micro and Macro Economics.
- Is Managerial Economics a Positive or Normative Science? Discuss.
- Discuss different types, determinants, exceptions of demands.
- Discuss the concept, determinants of supply.
- What do you understand by the law of supply and exceptions to the law of supply?
- Describe total utility and marginal utility.
- Explain the meaning of indifference curve and list its properties.
- Explain the concept of price, income, cross elasticity of demand.
- Describe the steps and criteria in demand forecasting.
- Explain the law of diminishing returns.
- Explain the concept of cost and discuss various types of costs.
- Write a short note on pure, perfect, monopolistic, oligopoly competition.
- Explain the causes of market failure.
Managerial Economics Question Paper
If you have already studied for managerial economics notes, then its time to move ahead and go through previous year managerial economics question paper will help you to understand question paper pattern and type of managerial economics questions and answers asked in MBA managerial economics exam. You can download the syllabus in managerial economics pdf form.
Managerial Economics Reference Books
Below is the list of managerial economics books recommended by the top university in India.
- Yogesh Maheswari, Managerial Economics, Phi Learning, New Delhi, 2005 Gupta G.S.
- Moyer &Harris. Managerial Economics, Tata Mcgraw-Hill, New Delhi
- Geetika, Ghosh & Choudhury. Managerial Economics, Cengage Learning, New Delhi, 2005
- Managerial Economics, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2011
- P. L. Mehta, Managerial Economics, Sultan Chand and sons, Pearson Education
- Dominick Salvatore, Managerial Economics, adapted by Ravikesh Srivastava, Oxford University press
- Mote V.L., Samuel Paul and G.S. Gupta, Managerial Economics Concepts and Cases, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd., New Delhi, 2001
MBA Managerial Economics Books
Below is the list of managerial economics books recommended by the top university in India. You can buy them from Amazon.
- Author: P.L Mehta
- Publisher: Sultan Chand and Sons, (2014)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #102 in Economic Policy & Development
- Customer Rating: 3 out of 5
- Publisher: Pearson Education; 6th ed.
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1567 in Management
- Customer Rating: 3.8 out of 5
- Publisher: Pearson, 4th ed.
- Author: Peter and Jain
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #29 in Production, Operation & Management
- Customer Rating: 4.7 out of 5
In the above article, a student can download Managerial Economics Notes. We have provided the complete managerial economics study material which includes managerial economics notes for mba, managerial economics books, managerial economics syllabus for MBA, managerial economics question paper, managerial economics reference books, managerial economics questions and answers, managerial economics tutorial in managerial economics pdf form.
Go On, Share & Help your Friend
Did we miss something in MBA Study Material? or You want something More? Come on! Tell us what you think about our post on Managerial Economics Notes | PDF, Books, Paper, Syllabus | MBA 2020 in the comments section and Share this post with your friends.